Causes of post acne
Acne, pimples or acne – more than 80% of people have experienced this problem at least once in their life. But often after acne is defeated, another problem arises – post-acne. Post-acne is a violation of the integrity of the skin and age spots in places of inflammation. These marks rarely go away on their own, and red or bluish spots can remain where acne has healed for weeks or months.
The main reason for the appearance of post-acne is improper treatment of the rash. The spot appears in the place of papules – red bumps, pustules and blackheads. Squeezing pimples injures the skin and increases the risk of infection of the lesions, then a scar appears at the site of the pimple. Acne treatment requires an integrated professional approach: normalization of the diet, special cosmetics, medical procedures and constant supervision of a dermatologist.
Why does post acne appear?
- Lack of necessary treatment for skin rashes, advanced forms of the disease.
- Prolonged inflammatory process (longer than a year).
- Incorrectly selected treatment.
- Squeezing out acne, permanent additional trauma to the skin.
How to get rid of post acne?
Timely referral to a specialist – 90% of success. The sooner a dermatologist tackles the problem, the less the likelihood of subsequent pigmentation and damage to the structure of the skin.
How to remove post acne? Depending on the severity of the disease, dermatologists distinguish between surgical and non-surgical methods for treating scars. If the scars are large and deep, laser scar destruction is prescribed, followed by treatment with specific drugs.
Non-surgical methods include:
- pharmacological – peels, the use of special medical cosmetics;
- hardware treatment – micro-resurfacing and laser skin resurfacing;
- injection, in particular mesotherapy.
As a rule, the doctor prescribes a complex treatment that includes several methods at once.
Post-acne remedies: how to take care of problem skin
For the skin to recover faster and become less inflamed, you need to provide it with the necessary minerals and vitamins , so the first thing to do is to normalize nutrition.
Cosmetic care is assigned individually, but the general rules are as follows:
- Provide protection from germs. Change your face towels frequently, or swap out cloth towels for paper towels. For cleansing your face more effectively, use salicylic acid lotions twice a day. It helps to deeply cleanse pores and get rid of bacteria, reduce puffiness and redness of the skin, has a gentle exfoliating effect and activates epidermis regeneration.
- Use a serum and cream containing AHA acids – citric, almond, malic, tartaric or glycolic. Such cosmetics have a lightening effect, helps to remove age spots and evens out the color and relief of the epidermis.
- Use peels with lactic acid in the composition. This acid evens out the color and texture of the skin. The best effect will be given by a course of several procedures, the number of which will be determined by the cosmetologist.
- Moisturize your skin , use cosmetics with a high content of hyaluronic acid.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, use moisturizing sunscreens with maximum protection – UV radiation greatly dries the skin and slows down the recovery process after acne treatment.
What vitamins can help with acne?
Vitamins are especially necessary for the quick healing of acne-affected skin. Products enriched with these microelements are a must-have for the health and beauty of facial skin:
- Vitamin A or retinol.
It has proven itself to be an anti-aging nutrient and a remedy for combating skin diseases, including acne and post-acne. The spots become less visible if you apply vitamin A cosmetics regularly. Taking vitamin A supplements can help normalize your metabolism. The trace element stimulates the regeneration of skin cells, helps to smooth wrinkles and helps the production of collagen.
Contains: Sweet potatoes, pumpkin, dried fruits, eggs, cod liver.
- Vitamin C or ascorbic acid.
A lot is known about the amazing effect that vitamin C has on the state of the epidermis – it is an antioxidant that stimulates collagen production and protects cells throughout the body. In order to combat postcane, it is important that this vitamin moisturizes, evens out skin tone and enhances the effect of sunscreens.
Contains: rose hips, currants, bell peppers, citrus fruits.
- Vitamin E or Tocopherol.
Vitamin E has a powerful healing effect, which is especially important in the treatment of acne, and fights cell dehydration.
Contains: Avocado, Almond, Sea Buckthorn, Whole Grain Bread.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin.
This vitamin is often called the “beauty vitamin”. It helps to even out the skin’s relief, improve its color and turgor. Lack of vitamin B7 leads to excessive production of sebum, so people with acne and post-acne need biotin daily.
Contains: egg yolks, meat and liver, salmon.
Diet supplement “Beauty Balance” from Amrita will help maintain and restore the beauty of the skin. The natural vitamin and mineral complex contains extracts of grape seed, pomegranate and flax extract, which is important for female beauty. The dietary supplement contains vitamins A, C, E, B vitamins and vitamin B7-biotin.
The product prevents collagen breakdown, protects cells from UV radiation and the harmful effects of free radicals, normalizes metabolic processes in the skin.
Follow the recommendations of the cosmetologist and dermatologist, take the natural product “Beauty Balance”, and enjoy a flawless appearance!
Based on materials: