Summer allergies: sources of threat
Summer is the time of fragrant wildflowers, delicious berries and fruits, and outdoor recreation. But for many people, summer is a real torment precisely because of flowering, specific diet and insect bites, or rather, because of allergies.
Allergy is an organism’s overreaction to an irritant, a hypersensitivity of immunity to certain substances, which can be inherited. An abnormal reaction to in principle safe substances can pass over time, and can accompany a person all his life.
Seasonal allergies can be divided into several types, depending on the source of the allergen and the cause of the unpleasant symptoms.
Plant pollen remains one of the main irritants. Fruit trees, poplars and lindens have faded, but the flowering of cereals, wild and garden flowers, as well as weeds and the main enemy of allergy sufferers – ragweed begins to bloom.
Pollen Allergy Symptoms:
- rhinitis (persistent non-cold runny nose);
- itchy nose and sneezing;
- eye irritation and redness, tearing;
- not a cold cough, sore throat;
- difficulty breathing;
- swelling of the eyes, mucous membranes of the nose and throat.
In summer, our diet is enriched with fresh fruits, berries and exotic dishes. If the reaction of the body to the usual raspberries, strawberries and currants, based on experience, you can predict and know your rate of these products, then with exotic fruits on travel it is more difficult. You want to try everything, and dangerous symptoms after eating an unfamiliar plant can develop rapidly and seriously affect your health.
Seasonal food allergy symptoms:
- swelling of the mucous membranes of the nose and throat;
- upset stools, bloating;
- skin reactions: redness, itching, dermatitis, eczema, urticaria.
In the summer, the risk of being bitten increases significantly. Even a common mosquito bite causes redness and itching of the skin, what to speak of bees, wasps, hornets, ants and other insects.
Insect Bite Allergy Symptoms:
- severe redness, swelling and itching of the skin at the very site of the bite and in the surrounding areas;
- pain, itching and burning at the site of the bite;
- rash, urticaria;
- conjunctivitis, lacrimation;
- not a cold;
- weakness, dizziness;
- fever, fever;
- shortness of breath, low blood pressure, confusion.
How to get rid of allergies
Symptoms can range from mild redness to life-threatening anaphylactic shock, so it’s important to learn how to fight allergies and reduce your risks.
The following measures will help you protect yourself from pollen:
- Do daily wet cleaning, try not to open windows, use an air conditioner to cool and ventilate the apartment.
- Wash bedding, bedspreads and decorative pillows more often, give up carpets – textiles accumulate pollen. Coming from the street, immediately send your clothes to the wash, wipe your shoes.
- Replace your curtains with roller blinds that are easy to wipe down.
- Wear a medical mask and sunglasses when outdoors.
- Avoid blooming spots: for allergy sufferers, a picnic on the beach is preferable to a picnic in a park or forest.
It is possible to avoid an atypical reaction of the body to fruits if:
- Do not overeat potentially allergenic foods – eat even berries, vegetables and fruits familiar to Ukraine in small portions.
- Be seasonal, even in summer: watermelons and melons in early July may contain hazardous chemicals.
- When traveling, be very careful with exotic fruits and vegetables – try small pieces, watch the body’s reaction.
To protect yourself from insect bites:
- Use protective sprays and creams.
- Avoid places where the risk of encountering insects is higher – apiaries, flowering fields, gardens. Remember that there are especially many insects near fragrant plants.
- Children are more prone to allergies. If an insect has stung a child or there are many bites, be sure to consult a doctor – many insects inject poison into the wound, and with each new bite, the intoxication of the body intensifies.
Natural Allergy Remedies
Natural preparations – sorbents and immunocorrectors will help protect against the appearance and development of unpleasant symptoms. It is best to take drugs for allergies in a course, and start the course before the beginning of the flowering season.
Natural sorbent “Mikoton” from Amrit will cleanse the body of toxins, remove some of the allergens and prepare for the intake of anti-allergic drugs. “Mikoton” has an antioxidant effect on cells, normalizes the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and organs responsible for detoxification – the liver and kidneys.
Natural immunocorrector “Mipro Vit” from Amrit reduces the activity of the immune system and thus reduces and alleviates the manifestations of allergies. The product helps to relieve the symptoms of bronchial asthma and reduces skin reactions, reduces swelling. Mipro Vit helps to reduce the need for synthetic antiallergic drugs and is non-addictive.
Take care of your health in advance, take medications for Amrita allergy. Let summer give only positive emotions!